Unfortunately, you read that right.
This is lethal stuff, so proceed at your own peril.
Everyone has a favourite brownie recipe, right? Mine is a special secret family one that I was passed on as an honorary member.
It's a foolproof recipe, needs nothing extra and it's perfect as is.
But I somehow caught the uncontrollable urge to dirty it up a little.
You can do this with any brownie recipe of your choosing, if you can handle it…
1. Make salted caramel. I used the recipe from Smitten Kitchen, and let it firm in the fridge overnight.
2. Chop them up into small chunks.
3. Prepare the brownie batter.
4. Spread the caramel pieces on top of the batter (I also mixed a little into the batter, but next time I wouldn't as some of them didn't melt completely).
5. Bake as usual.
6. Unbutton your jeans and go to town.
It's certainly not for the faint-hearted, but who wants to play it safe?
Life's too short. Get to the kitchen!